Gone are the days when yoga meant only physical asanas. Today, yoga conveys a way of life, a way of being and a path to enlightenment. Thousands of Torontonians are part of the new yoga revolution!
Sharing its ancient Indian origin with yoga itself is Toronto’s 36th Annual Festival of India, presented by Toronto’s Hare Krishna Centre. The Festival of India, which annually draws over 35,000 people to Centre Island, has celebrated the spiritual traditions of India since 1972. Focusing on presenting the rich tapestry of India’s ancient spiritual culture, including the teachings of yoga, the organizers of the festival found that many yoga enthusiasts who attended were calling for an outdoor yoga festival. We’ve responded and are pleased to inaugurate Yoga Meltdown, a one day festival dedicated to delivering a transcendent experience for yoga enthusiasts!
On Sunday July 20, 2008, we are inviting Toronto’s yoga community, from the simply-curious to the seasoned veterans, to come experience a new yoga revolution that has never been seen before, including:
- non-stop yoga classes and demonstrations
- vegan and vegetarian cooking demonstrations
- mantra meditation – learning about real-life benefits of mantra meditation for self-improvement
- power-packed chanting, jamming and mantra rock (kirtan) by some of the best kirtaneers in the world!
- A non-stop stage program including a groundbreaking theatrical production, The Gita!
- An all-you-can-eat, free vegetarian feast!
- A South Asian bazaar and marketplace and much more!
So bring your yoga mat, some comfortable and clothes and get ready to have an incredible time!
FREE ADMISSION - Visit www.yogameltdown.com for more information. First 250 registrants for the festival receive a free gift!
Official Website: http://yogameltdown.com
Added by Vinodini on July 5, 2008