Calling all nature lovers—join us for our second annual "World Ocean Day Celebration" in honor of the awesome ecosystem that covers about 70 percent of our planet.
We'll have special activities and performances and lots of great ways for you to learn what you can do to help keep our oceans healthy for the future. On this weekend of international observance, we join with leading education and conservation organizations across dozens of countries to draw attention to the treasures of the oceans, and the threats they face.
Special shows and activities:
- Family fun performances by Peter Weiss, the Singing Scientist, from Santa Cruz
- Live theatrical performances encouraging visitors to reduce, reuse, and recycle
- Screenings of "The One Degree Factor," a film about the effects climate change is having on the planet
- Family craft room presented by Monterey Museum of Art. (Sunday only)
- Face painting for kids from 12:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Informational booths from various ocean conservation organizations
- Nationally recognized cartoonist Jim Toomey will present fun cartoon art demonstrations and sign copies of his books.
Free with Aquarium Admission
Added by Seaotter71 on May 20, 2008