Do you feel that we have reached our full potential for what is possible using currently practical CSS? Do you wish that there are ways to achieve the striking, the radical, the beautiful with CSS?
In this full-day session, Andy Clarke, designer and author of the best-selling Transcending CSS: The Fine Art of Web Design will challenge you to think differently about creating inspired design for web using meaningful markup and CSS. The session will be packed full of visual inspiration, backed up by practical techniques for creating amazing work for the web.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is not designed for beginners or newcomers to CSS. It will not teach you the basics. To get the most of this workshop you will be an intermediate to advanced user of CSS and be familiar with meaningful, accessible markup.
If you are a visual designer looking to advance your CSS skills with new techniques and technologies, or a technically minded developer who wants to understand more about working visually, this workshop will take your knowledge of CSS to the limits of what is currently possible and beyond.
What are the learning outcomes?
By the end of the day you will be able to
- see markup in a new light, from the content out
- create ‘advanced’ CSS selectors and know how best to use them
- know how to push what is possible with today’s CSS floats and positioning
- create exciting layouts and interfaces from the most minimal of markup
- tackle browsers issues within a progressive web design workflow
- move forward with progressive techniques in actual client work
Transcending CSS is priced very reasonably at $395 for Web Directions South attendees, or attendees of another workshop, $495 standalone.
Official Website: http://www.webdirections.org/program/workshops/#clarke
Added by MaxineSherrin on July 8, 2007