Meet Wings WorldQuest's 2007 Women of Discovery!
1 PM Saturday, March 3rd
American Museum of Natural History
* Free with admission to the museum
Join Wings WorldQuest for presentations from:
* Terrie Williams (UC-Santa Cruz), a marine biologist working in Antarctica with Weddell seals and other large mammal predators of the ocean
* Constanza Ceruti (Argentina), high-altitude archeologist who climbs solo to the tops of Andes peaks looking for Incan ruins and mummies
* Grace Gobbo (Tanzania), ethnobotanist investigating traditional herbal medicines, working with Goodall's Gombe project
* Erin Pettit (UW-Seattle), who studies glaciers and runs a glaciology program for high-school girls (Girls on Ice)
* Gitanjali Banerjee, a conservation biologist working with endangered rhinos in India
* Dalia Conde (Mexico), a landscape ecologist concerned about jaguar populations in Central America
Before and after the lecture, chat with them informally and find out what's happening behind the science headlines.
Official Website: http://www.wingsworldquest.com
Added by this is emily on February 19, 2007