£395 + VAT for E-consultancy subscribers
£495 + VAT for non-subscribers
Measuring Digital Marketing Effectiveness: Improve your digital marketing and e-commerce results through analytical insight
IN A NUTSHELL
After attending this course, you will know how to use web analytics to improve results from your web site through analysis of site visitor characteristics and behaviour.
If you and your organisation are to get the best results from your web site, expertise in web analytics is essential.
This course focuses on using web analytics to improve results from your web site through analysis of site visitor characteristics and behaviour.
The course will show you how to produce a plan to develop the most appropriate metrics, tools and digital marketing improvement process for your organisation.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is for you if you are already actively involved in online marketing, either as a manager of a web marketing team or a specialist responsible for web analytics. Alternatively, you may be a marketing manager or agency account manager who needs to develop a plan to apply web analytics to drive the business contribution from web sites and e-marketing activities you are responsible for.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Create a framework of the measures that matter most to your organisation
- Define a process of continuous improvement based on web analytics
- Identify key criteria in selecting web analytics solutions
- Make the business case for a web analytics initiative
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This in-depth course will cover the following topics:
Planning for web analytics
- Explaining what web analytics is and why it is important to colleagues
- Creating a comprehensive measurement framework for your organisation
- Creating a process so that reports are analysed and acted upon
Selecting web analytics solutions
- Ten key requirements for a web analytics tool
- Server-based and hosted solutions – why you made need both
- Campaign vs web site orientation
- Assessing reporting and visualisation capabilities
Improving site visitor acquisition through web analytics
- Key measures and techniques for assessing referrer effectiveness for search marketing, affiliate marketing, online advertising and other online marketing techniques
- Techniques to achieve unified reporting
- How to apply analytics to reduce cost of acquisition
Improving site conversion with web analytics
- Fixing the leaky pipe
- Identifying quick wins to convert more browsers to outcomes
- Site visitor segmentation and targeting techniques
Improving customer retention with web analytics
- Approaches to web data mining
- Analysing customer transaction using FRAC analysis / RFM to inform targeting and touch strategies
- Analysing e-mail marketing response patterns to improve responsiveness
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP LEADER?
Neil Mason is the co-founder of Applied Insights, an analytics consultancy that specialises in the online space. Neil has been involved in marketing analysis for more years than he cares to remember having started off his career at ACNielsen helping major FMCG brands understand the effectiveness of their marketing programmes.
Neil got involved in web analytics over 5 years ago when he moved from the agency side to the client side as Chief Knowledge Officer at QXL. He developed and led the implementation of the company’s marketing information strategy, implementing a customer data warehouse and a web analytics solution across the business’s 12 European markets. Neil became Chief Marketing Officer for QXL in 2001 and got the opportunity to practice what he preached by putting customer insights and analysis at the core of the marketing strategy.
At Applied Insights, Neil consults with major businesses using web analytics to improve online business performance and is also a frequent speaker at web analytics conferences and events.
Added by training on March 1, 2007