This one day course is designed for people who want to know how to make web sites accessible and for anyone who is involved in the design process. This typically includes:
* Graphic designers
* Content writers
* Web developers
* User interface designers
* Web site managers
* Quality assurance teams
* Creative directors
* Marketing managers
* Business analysts
* Project managers
You may work for an agency, a corporate firm, a local council, or anyone that is keen on driving accessibility forwards in their business.
What will I achieve?:
On successful completion of this course, participants will:
* Have an understanding of the various accessibility guidelines (WCAG and Section 508)
* Have an understanding of how accessibility guidelines can be used to assess and design a web site
* Understand the importance and principles of including users in testing
* Know how to incorporate the needs of disabled users at any stage of the design process
* Have an understanding of the various challenges disabled people face when using web sites
* Be aware of the various assistive technologies disabled people use and have an appreciation of how they work (Zoomtext, JAWS, Supernova and more)
This one day course provides delegates with practical examples, comprehensive notes, guidelines and sources of reference.
The course can be tailored to meet the needs of your team and your organisation, but typical course content includes:
* Introduction to accessibility and disabilities
* Demonstration of assistive technologies (Zoomtext, JAWS, Supernova and more)
* Demystifying the accessibility guidelines
* Using accessibility checklists
* Testing tools and techniques
* Make accessible images, forms, tables and navigation
* Create an accessibility action plan for your web site
* Incorporating disabled users into the design process
* The importance and principles of user testing
* Tools you can download to conduct your own testing
* Group Accessibility review of your sites
* Accessible content
You should be familiar with the web amd have a basic understanding of working with HTML tags and knowledge of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Web Standards.
We have trained:
Vodafone, Macmillan, Midlands Coop, Save The Children, Help the Aged, AbstractMRM, ESRC, Woking Borough Council, Hastings Borough Council, Pernod Ricard, Hermes, English Heritage, Princes Trust, KPMG, BDO Stoy Hayward, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Library, CIPD, National Trust, Waitrose, Next, MBNA, AXA PPP Healthcare, The Stationery Office, RBS Corporate, Cambridge University Press, Stroud and Swindon, Bibby Financial Services, Thames Valley University, The Equality and Human Rights Commission and more.
We offer a 15% discount if the same candidate books on more than one course. We also offer the same discount for not for profit organisations, and for organisations that send more multiple candidates to the same course.
Need some more information?:
We are ready to answer your questions right now, so please contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 207 168 7526 or drop us a quick email [email protected] and we will do our best to help you with any questions you might have.
Official Website: http://www.spotlessinteractive.com/
Added by spotle55 on February 2, 2010