A tremendous volunteer effort is underway to reintroduce native prairie plants, remove invasive plant species and foster the growth of the oak savannah. The Morse Force, which serves as the management team for the Preserve, holds monthly work parties to restore the wetland, prairie and upland habitats. Please come join the effort!
Directions to Property:
- From I-5, take exit 127 and merge onto WA-512 heading East toward Parkland/Spanaway
- From WA-512 take the Pacific Ave/WA 7 Exit. Turn right onto Pacific Ave/WA 7.
- At the Roy “Y”, bear right, staying on WA 7.
- Turn Left at 224th St E (at the Fred Meyer)
- Turn Right onto 70th Ave E (at the light)
- Property is at mailbox at 25415
What to bring: Boots, work clothes, rain gear, and a water bottle. Snacks and drinks provided.
Other upcoming events: Be sure to join us for our next Preserve work party from 9:30 am to 1 pm on October 25.
For more information or to register for the event please contact [email protected].
Added by cascade on August 8, 2008