the Virtual Policy Network presents:-
Virtual Policy '08: A conference on innovation and governance in virtual worlds.
Virtual Policy 08 is set to be a land mark event focusing on global virtual worlds sited in a European legal and regulatory context. The key policy themes for this year's event are:
• Intellectual property rights
• Financial transaction
• Child online & education
• Governance frameworks & Innovation
The event is targeted at industry repetitives, legal scholars, policy makers and regulators from around Europe and the rest of the world and is a unique opportunity to interact directly with key stakeholders.
Virtual Policy is organised by the Virtual Policy Network (tVPN: www.virtualpolicy.net ) in conjunction with The Department of Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR) and The UK Intellectual Property Office (UK IPO) with New York Law School providing program support.
• Professor Richard Bartle - University of Essex
• Jessica Mulligan – Virtual world industry veteran
• Aleks Krotoski - University of Surrey / Guardian (UK) newspaper
• David Naylor – Partner, Field Fisher Waterhouse
• Chris Francis – Government Programs, IBM
• Dr Jim Purbrick – Linden Lab
• Kerry Fraser-Robinson – President / MD, Red Bedlam
• David Taylor – Imperial College London
• Dr. Andreas Lober - Schulte Riesenkampff (Germany)
• Professor Bryan Camp - Texas Tech School of Law
Official Website: http://virtualpolicy08.eventbrite.com/
Added by RenZephyr on June 29, 2008