We’ve finally confirmed a venue for our first meetup on 27th July! It will be held at the The Yorkshire Grey, 2 Theobalds Road, London, WC1X 8PG - on the corner with Gray's Inn Road, and the nearest tube is Chancery Lane or Holborn.
Thanks to those of you who have already RSVP’d – much appreciated – for those of you who haven’t, I really do hope some of you can make it along.
We have some great, exciting speakers lined up to share their varied experiences in making apps work for businesses. We should also have an app development demonstration that is currently being organised. I hope that this expertise proves invaluable to spark an informal discussion over drinks and nibble on topics including:
- Developing universal mobile apps – the importance of encompassing a variety of devices in app development to prevent excluding large segments of your customer base
- How to cost effectively develop apps across devices – ‘write once, run everywhere’ approach (demo)
- How to reach customers through apps – marketing, commerce, branding, differentiation
- Quality issues of apps over devices – is more effort being put into developing for the iPhone, with other devices included only as an afterthought
- Mobile commerce and app development – where is it
- And more...
Speakers will include:
- Bjorn Hildahl. senior manager, product management at Kony Solutions (www.konysolutions.com)
- Timothy Bosworth, managing director, THINKBIGBEBIGMEDIA (www.thinkbigbebigmedia.com)
- Maurice Flynn, who is currently working on app projects for a major mobile devices company
I’ll keep you all posted as we go along and add more to the evening, but in the meantime – let us know what you think!
If you like it, RSVP! :-)
Official Website: http://www.meetup.com/Universal-Mobile-Apps-London/calendar/14098235/
Added by Kim Partridge on July 20, 2010