Come and raise a glass of delicious, sustainable wine at the first ASP San Francisco evening event of 2010!
Discover how one of California's oldest wineries underwent a dramatic change to become one of the nation's greenest. Owner Tim Thornhill will explore Parducci Wine Cellars' journey to go green and how these lessons can be applied to other businesses and to individuals. Find out how Parducci became the nation's first carbon neutral winery. Share in the vision that has led Tim Thornhill to implement sustainable strategies and transform his winery into an award winning industry leader.
You will discover:
- Why green is important and the benefits for businesses and individuals to green their activities and increase the attractiveness of their brand
- How individuals can become a force for change
- How one company or individual can shape the definition of sustainability for an entire industry
- How sustainable measures can enhance your products, services and quality of life, while cutting the cost of operations
- How your daily actions can guide you in leaving the planet a better place than you found it
About the speaker:
An accomplished and surefooted leader, Tim Thornhill is focused on turning Parducci Wine Cellars into America's Greenest Winery. "Sustainability is a not a destination, but an active journey," he says. "We always find room for improvement." Under Tim's guidance as COO, Parducci Wine Cellars twice earned California's highest environmental honor, The Governor's Economic and Environmental Leadership Award (GEELA), in 2007 and 2009. Tim is dedicated to the well-being of his employees, community, and winery where his leadership and daily actions are guided by his family's motto: leave it better than you found it.
Official Website: http://www.strategyplus.org
Added by FullCalendar on January 26, 2010