Certified training on GRI Reporting & Community Investment
• Learn the fundamentals of GRI reporting and Community Investment
• Days are split evenly between theory and practice
• Speakers from China’s leading consultancies in corporate social
• Exciting new three-day training course
• Spoken language: Chinese
Certified GRI Training by SynTao (2-days)
Sustainability reporting has become an integral component of stakeholder communications, and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the world's most widely used framework. Understanding the GRI's guidelines allows you to create a communications framework in
accordance with international standards that will support the effective communication of your sustainability efforts. SynTao presents a GRI-certified course on sustainability reporting in which participants will gain an understanding of the GRI framework in a Chinese context.
• What is a sustainability report?
• What is the GRI reporting framework?
• What are the benefits for a company/organization?
• How is the GRI reporting process planned?
• How are relevant stakeholders identified?
• What is the GRI materiality principle?
• External assurance to the reporting process
The course on GRI reporting will be delivered by nominated trainers of SynTao as a Certified Training Partner for Mainland China, Macau and Taiwan. SynTao is the first GRI Certified Training Partner in Mainland China, Macau and Taiwan. In 2009 we also conducted regular trainings on the topic of sustainability in cooperation with: World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), Center for Environmental Education and Communications of Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP), Strategic Program Fund (SPF) and the China Association for NGO Cooperation (CANGO).
Community Investment and Impact Measurement Training by CSR Asia (1 day) Community Investment is an essential part of CSR. This course will provide participants with the skills to develop a CSR system founded on engagement with the community (the basis of good CSR). The key issue discussed will be how to measure your CSR impact; i.e., are resources being utilized in ways to provide the best possible benefits to the communities in which your company is engaged? Being able to measure impact and collect data allows companies to
i) Manage costs and ensure high impact for communities
ii) To build a much more data-driven communications program for stakeholders.
• Corporate community investment
• Development work in the community:
1. Understanding your community partners
2. Smarter and effective partnership
3. Investing in a sustainable community for business return
• Measuring impacts
Cost & Registration:
Price of Training
* 20% Discount for European Chamber of Commerce members
Costs include training, training materials, refreshments and lunch. Participants are
responsible for transport, accommodation and other meals.
For more details about this event, please contact:
SynTao: Ms. Anna-Sterre Nette (Tel: 86-10- 58699465, Email: [email protected])
CSR Asia: Ms. Elyse Chen (Tel: 86- 10- 59071992, Email: [email protected])
Added by chinadialogue on May 24, 2010