A dazzling display of automotive classics from Europe and America, as well as vintage campers, trailers and wooden boats, will highlight the 3rd Annual Marin-Sonoma Concours d’Elegance. All proceeds from this premier showcase benefit nonprofit healthcare provider, Hospice By The Bay which serves Marin, San Francisco, Sonoma and San Mateo Counties. The Marin Sonoma Concours d'Elegance is organized by community volunteers headed by Marin car enthusiast Charlie Goodman. The Presenting Sponsor is The Price Family Dealerships.
Years of elegant designs from Rolls-Royce, Britain's most-famous marque, will be on display along with vehicles celebrating 100 years of Stutz, Chevrolet and Indy 500 racing. In conjunction with the Marin-Sonoma Concours, “The Drive,” a motoring event featuring classic vehicles, will take place on Saturday, May 14.
· A brilliant red and chrome Rolls-Royce Torpedo Tourer commissioned in 1925 by England's King George V as a gift for India's Maharajah Bhupinder Singh
· An exceedingly rare 1918 Chevrolet V8 touring car helps spotlight the 100th anniversary of this venerable American car line.
· The last surviving 1929 Raise the Roof Chevrolet house car, the earliest of “pop top” campers and trailers heads the lineup of vintage trailers, campers, and station wagons.
· The Andy Granatelli Kurtis roadster - the Indy race car which placed 4th in the 1953 Indianapolis 500 with Freddie Agabashian behind the wheel.
· A rare showing of historic American Bantam coupes, sedans and Speedsters, microcars, made in the 1930s and early ‘40s, including an extremely rare 1941 Boulevard Delivery.
· A flotilla of beautiful classic wooden boats moored in the Civic Center's lagoon.
Tickets are $20 and sold at the gate. Children 16 and under are free if accompanied by an adult. Food and wine sampling will be available for purchase. Parking is free. No dogs allowed, except service animals. Tickets for a private VIP Tent with gourmet food and fine wines are $75 each (includes admission to the event). For more information call (415) 479-7727. http://www.marinsonomaconcours.org or http://www.hbtb.org
Official Website: http://www.marinsonomaconcours.org
Added by cmargaritafranco on April 25, 2011