The research programme Man Medium Machine [M3] and the School of Communication, Technology & Design at Södertörn university college, invites to a three-day conference on the theme “The Virtual - interaction”.
The conference will be held at Almåsa conference centre, in the archipelago of Haninge, south of Stockholm.
The theme of this year's "The Virtual" conference is interaction. 'Interaction' is naturally at the core of many researchers strive to understand people's use and engagement with information technology. 'Interaction' also attempts to capture the interdisciplinary focus that the conference has developed in previous years. The conference seeks to create a meeting space for research that spans from interaction design and HCI to social and humanistic perspectives on technology. 'Interaction' is also about the relation between people and how they are affected by digital media, their living situation, and so on.
We hope to attract researchers that like to involve in a discussion of how these two fields of research may enrich each other. The particular themes of this years conference include, but are not limited to;
• technology for the experience of nature
• the body and/in information technology
• art, body and design
• new forms of media production
• amateurs, end-users, and hobbyists as digital media producers
• games that transcend physical and virtual boundaries
• novel methodologies and approaches in interaction design practice
• consumer and user participation in media and storytelling
• sketching of interactive behaviour
• expressions of ideology in design and digital technologies
• gender and intersectionalist studies of interaction practices
• the construction of identity, gender, normality, etc., in virtual communities
• the interaction between online and offline subjectivites, actions, identities, etc.
Official Website: http://m3.sh.se/index.php?id_page=34
Added by dreamland on May 7, 2007