This month, Social Media Club San Francisco / Silicon Valley discusses where and how does influence happen today. We all know the old model of communication and the power of influence has changed dramatically, but whom and where are the new influencers, and how can you find them?
We’ve assembled an eclectic panel who can speak to this issue: we’ll explore what technologies are available that can help identify the most influential sources, the role of media, peer influence and how you can use research to find where influence happens.
Eastwick Communications' Jennifer Lindsay, director of digital services and social media is moderating the panel which includes:
* Dominique Lahaix, CEO of eCairn will talk about applying a scientific approach to identifying influencers online
* Jeremy Thomas, Partner and Director of Global Brand Planning at Collaborate will talk about how brand influence is changing
* Scott Hirsch VP of Get Satisfaction will talk to the power of peer influence
* Jennifer Leggio, ZDNet social business blogger will weigh in on the role and influence of media/bloggers in the new communication world order
* Ryan Calo, academic fellow with the Center for Internet and Society at Stanford Law School will cover the use of technology to persuade and influence
Tickets are $10.99 in advance, $20 at the door (if seats still available). Card carrying Social Media Club members receive free admission.
We would like to thank our sponsors for their support. Because of their love of you, there will be pizzas, snacks and lots of beverages at this event. Give them love back where you can:
* eCairn Inc,142 Calle Larga, Los Gatos CA 95032 - 650.388.8962
* Eastwick Communications, 2700 Garcia Avenue, Suite 200, Mountain View, CA 94043 - 650.480-4040
* DiGirono's Pizza
* Amazon Consulting, 2700 Garcia Ave, Suite 200, Mountain View, CA 94043 - 650.480.4030
* Krause Taylor Associates, 2700 Garcia Ave, Suite 200, Mt. View CA, 94043 - 650.480.4011
Official Website: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126285416728
Added by kenyeung on June 22, 2009