Tell Your Friends! is an old-fashioned comedy hootenanny, where some of the city's most talented writers, performers, and musicians try their newest stuff. All the material presented are gems, whether they be diamonds in the rough or something best left buried.
MONDAY, MARCH 12th
Tell Your Friends!
at the Lolita bar!
266 Broome St., at the corner of Allen!
8:00pm - FREE!
Host: Claudia Cogan
Todd Hanson - is the head writer for The Onion
Reggie Watts - is an amazing beat-box comedian
Leo Allen - has appeared on a "Comedy Central Presents" 1/2-hour special and "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien," and spent a few years writing for "Saturday Night Live"
Bob Powers - is the author of the book "Happy Cruelty Day!" from St. Martin's press, and the man behind the popular site girlsarepretty.com
Eddie Pepitone - check out his CD, "The Big Push"
Liam McEneaney - has appeared on Comedy Central and VH1
And TYF! newcomer - Jay Bois!
And of course, our house band - A Brief View of the Hudson
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS," and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show—and 'workout comedy room'—is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
Official Website: http://kidliam.blogspot.com
Added by simpletwist on March 4, 2007