The Downtown Board of Management, members of the Guelph Flickr Group, Blog Guelph and the Red Brick Cafe are pleased to announce the First Day of Spring in Downtown Guelph photo contest and show.
We know it's been a long winter, but with temperatures warming up and the snow and ice melting it's time to grab your favourite camera and head downtown! Show us what the first day of spring means to you.
Photographers interested in entering can submit non-commercial images of Downtown Guelph taken on March 21st, 2007 to the contest through the Guelph Flickr Group.
Your photograph will need to be tagged appropriately to be considered by the judges. See rules for details.
A jury consisting of non-participating peers and sponsors will review the submissions and select approximately 21 photos for a show, to happen in the month of May at the Red Brick Cafe. The winners will be announced online on the Guelph Group in early-April. An official show opening will take place the night of May 1st. A grand prize winner will receive $100 in Downtown Guelph gift certificates the night of the opening.
Please read over and print these guidelines. They are important!
- must be taken on March 21st, 12:00am to 11:59pm
- must be posted to the Guelph Flickr group by midnight March 31st
- must be take in "downtown" Guelph
- must have an informative and interesting description, show us you've really thought about the theme
- must be geo-coded (using Flickr's map function in the Organize tab)
- must be your own, taken by you
- any models and or persons in the photo must be unidentifiable or MUST sign a model release
- photos must be tagged "thefirstdayofspring"
- you are allowed to enter (tag) two photos to the contest
- must be a native resolution of AT LEAST 2200 pixels wide (landscape) or 2200 pixels tall (portrait) at 72dpi (digitally enlarged photos will NOT be considered)
- can be clean cropped as photographer wishes, but bear in mind the print will be 8x10
- must have minimal photoshopping or other digital alteration (adjusting colour and sharpness is fine)
- photos with anything that was digitally added or removed, that includes text (no signatures or copyright statements), fake borders, partial de-saturation (aka cutouts), and wacky filters will NOT be considered
- can have other tags as you may like
- can be black and white or colour
- will NOT be considered if they are: scans of things other than photos, paintings (or simple photos of paintings), illustrations, screen-shots. If it didn't come out of a camera, please don't submit it.
- will be featured on BlogGuelph during the month of May
If your photo is selected:
- you will be contacted by a member of the jury or assistant in early April by email
- it will be titled using time stamp (the show will be hung chronologically)
- you must agree to submit an 8x10 print of your image and $25 hanging fee (to pay for mounting and framing). This must be done within 14 days of being selected, otherwise your image will NOT be exhibited.
- you are encouraged, but not required, to attend the show opening, May 1st at the Red Brick Cafe
- you are required to come to the Red Brick Cafe the night of May 31st to dismantle the show and pick up your photo. If you cannot be there, please make arrangements for someone to pick up your photo. The photo and frame is yours to keep.
- you agree to let your photo be used on promotional materials for the show. You will be credited.
If you have any questions feel free to contact:
Official Website: http://www.flickr.com/groups/27809248%40N00/discuss/72157594586464080/
Added by busman on March 13, 2007