the translation of vinyasa means "to place in a special way." vinyasa yoga represents an evolution in traditional yoga, a way to meaningfully and powerfully develop a personal and spiritual path. discover a purposeful way to remove obstacles and veils that block enlightenment, inner wisdom, and pure consciousness.
vinyasa yoga involves five central elements:
1. joing breath and movement in union
2. cultivating intentional and meaningful dedication, through intential actions: asana, breath, movements
3. start with your foundation and building to your peak
4. finding your intentional edge, balance between sukha and shtira in asana
5. atuning yourself to your body's wisdom
join kevin for a 2 hour practice incorporating the central elements of vinyasa yoga. practice will be followed by an extended svanasana, meditation, and discussion. this practice is appropriate for students at an interemediate to advanced level of yoga experience.
this workshop is part of tranquil space's 500 hour teacher training (tt500). for more information on tt500 visit www.tranquilspace.com. continuing education (ce's) are available for yoga teachers. all students and teachers of yoga are welcome to attend!
Official Website: http://www.tranquilspace.com
Added by jhaile on August 16, 2009