Are you a sommelier, wine director, importer or simply a wine aficionado who is thinking about making a career change in the wine industry: take a day off and attend this full day executive seminar.
In this seminar, we will discuss and learn about the most important business trends in the wine industry:
- Consolidation of both wineries and wine distributors
- Understanding the evolution and developing sophistication of the American wine consumer
- Increasing importance of wine marketing (with business cases such as Yellow Tail, Fat Bastard or Red Bicyclette)
- Consequences of disruptive technologies such as internet, telecom or RFID
- Challenges of importing and marketing imported wines in the United States
- Areas of the industry that are recruiting and the profiles they are looking for
This seminar utilizes business cases from Harvard Business School and materials from other graduate school specializing in the wine industry as well as a number of articles from trade publications. It is an interactive seminar with no prerequisite, but requiring reading to prepare for the seminar as well as team work during the seminar.
Optional tasting at the end of the day (BYOB).
For more information and ticket purchase, please visit GiraMondo Wine Adventures website.
Official Website: http://www.giramondowine.com/events
Added by giramondo on April 21, 2008