International Waikiki Hula Conference
Friday-Saturday-Sunday ♦ November 19-21, 2010
~ Hula in the Land of its Birth ~
The International Waikiki Hula Conference offers the rare opportunity to come to Hawaii to learn, share and experience hula in the land of its birth, with a variety of respected hula masters, many of whom do not travel outside Hawaii to teach.
For our local hula people, it is the chance to enrich their hula experience from many sources in one place, and to meet fellow dancers and kumu hula from around the world.
2010 Conference Package Includes
* Three full days of 80 workshops and seminars to choose from, offered by over 40 noted kumu hula and Hawaiian cultural experts. Classes cover all aspects of hula — modern and ancient dance, costume, lei-making, Hawaiian language, chant, history, songs, music and implement-making. Classes 8:00-4:00 p.m. Registration 1st day 7:30-8:30 a.m.
* The opportunity to perform a hula on various stages in Waikiki. Fri & Sat approx 6:30-7:30 p.m. (may vary.)
* Opening Ceremonies. First session first day Fri 8:30-10:00 a.m.
* Music and audience participation hula shows during lunch period. 12:30-2:00 p.m. daily.
* $15 worth of lunch meal coupons.
* Closing "Kanikapila" Concert & Hula at world-famous Kuhio Beach Hula Mound in Waikiki. Sunday 6:30-9:00 p.m.
* Hawaiian Vendor Mall – featuring Hawaiian-made products and crafts, including hula implements, costumes, clothing, accessories and gifts
* Free shuttle service between the convention center and various hotels throughout Waikiki.
* Certificate of Completion for you to frame.
* Conference Bag.
$385 Regular Conference Fee
$250 Kama'aina Hawai'i Resident
Group rates offered for 10 or more. Please contact us at 808-923-4151
or [email protected] for more information
International Waikiki Hula Conference ♦ November 19-21, 2010
Hawaii Convention Center in Waikiki
Added by Michi Moore Images on November 3, 2010