This webinar on termination pay will help attendees ensure their employee termination pay practices are in compliance with the federal and state employment tax regulations.
Why Should You Attend:
An employee’s exit from your organization is the most dangerous time — from a legal AND tax perspective. By attending this webinar, attendees will be able to find out if their termination pay practices are correct and compliant with federal and state employment tax regulations. It will provide a comprehensive understanding of: when to pay it, how to pay it, and how to tax it.
In addition, attendees will learn the wage-and-hour rules, how to handle withholding issues, which records to keep for terminated employees and how to reduce FICA and FUTA tax and employee withholding.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- When you have to pay a terminated employee in order to comply with wage-and-hour rules.
- How to handle important withholding issues.
- Which records to keep (and which to toss) for terminated workers.
- How to reduce your FICA and FUTA tax and employee withholding.
- How to use Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Plans to cut your severance costs.
Added by complianceonlinecom on March 20, 2013