Join 12 chocolate makers and chefs to taste over 30 decadent savory and sweet foods made with chocolate. Enjoy a variety of wines that pair fantastically with chocolate. $75/person in advance. $90/person at the door. The Women's National Democratic Club. 1526 New Hampshire Avenue, NW. For menu and reservations, visit www.tastedc.com, or call 202-244-7755.
Executive Chef Denis Soriano, 100 King:
1. Chocolate Brandied Mousse: caramel and brandied mousse served on top of a dark chocolate cake
2. Pistachio Chocolate Flan: Puree of pistachio and semi sweet chocolate
Executive Chef Tim Elliott and Sous Chef Michael Hanratty, Mie N Yu
1. Chocolate Chevre Wontons with Truffled Honey
2. Curry Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Golden Raisin Clusters
Pastry chef Leon Baker, Farrah Olivia Restaurant By Morou
1. Chocolate Covered-Tangerine Oil Marshmallow Kisses
2. Toasted Brioche - Chocolate Butter- Blood Peach Caviar
Chef de Cuisine Graham Bartlett and Pastry Chef Stephen Hartzell, Zengo
1. Cajeta Panna Cotta with Mexican Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Caviar
2. Five Spice Smoked Duck with Dark Chocolate Malbec Sauce
Stefan Jarausch, Executive Chef the Madison Hotel
1. Arabica spiced Venison, Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
2. Caraibe Chocolate Pot De Crème, Mango-Passion Fruit Jelly
Executive Chef Daniel Kenny and Pastry Chef Niel Piferoen, Willard Hotel
1. Savory: Cocoa and Coffee Dusted Shenandoah Valley Lamb Loin
2. Savory: Chocolate Goat Cheese and White Cornmeal Flan with Mexican Chocolate Jus
3. Sweet: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Green Tea and Passion Custard
4. Sweet: Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Fueilletine with Chocolate Curry
Celebrity Pastry Chef Warren Brown, CakeLove, Love Café, and Star of Food Network TV Show "Sugar Rush"
1. Chocolate Mini-cupcakes Dipped in Bittersweet Ganache
2. Chocolate Mini-cupcakes Frosted with Chocolate Buttercream
Wanders Artisan Chocolaterie- Assorted Artisan Chocolate Confections:
1. Earl Grey: Dark chocolate ganache infused with earl grey tea and bergamot oil, complemented with local wild flower honey, garnished with lavender blossoms
2. Printen: Local cream infused with traditional German gingerbread spices over house-made chestnut marzipan in milk chocolate garnished with krokant.
3. Raspberry: Fresh picked raspberries with a hint of lemon finished in a buttery rich dark chocolate ganache, garnished with ground roasted pistachios.
4. Port: Dark chocolate ganache spirited with 20 year old tawny port set atop a black mission fig ganache.
Parfections- Handmade Gourmet Truffles and Chocolate Bark:
1. Tropical Typhoon: A center of milk chocolate combined with fresh mango and a hint of cayenne pepper rolled in toasted coconut.
2. Mexican Heat: Dark chocolate combined with ancho chiles and a hint of habanero pepper covered in dark chocolate
3. Yin-Yang: This unusual truffle typifies the classic eastern duality. Its unique flavor comes from combining the subtle character of Japanese Sake, the biting taste of wasabi root and the complex sweetness of dark chocolate. This unique mixture is then dipped in dark chocolate and half is rolled in sesame seeds to highlight the duality of flavors hidden beneath.
4. Caramel Fleur de Sel: This caramel coffee flavored truffle is simply extraordinary.
We combine brewed gourmet caramel flavored coffee with a chocolate blend and fine Mediterranean sea salt.
5. Lemon Grove: White chocolate center infused with natural Lemon & Limoncello Liqueur then dipped in dark chocolate and topped with lemon sugar
6. Pomegranate & Lime: Fresh pomegranate combined with lime in a white chocolate center then covered
in white chocolate with lime sugar.
7. Cabernet Sauvignon & Cinnamon: This flavor combination conjures up the memory of a visit to a winery
on a crisp Fall day. The bold flavor of cinnamon combines with Cabernet Sauvignon to produce an elegant
finish that is pleasing to the palate,
8. Spice Berry Bark: White chocolate with dried cranberries, blueberries, cherries, crystallized ginger & cacao nibs.
Executive Chef, Brian Boots, Elegance Ala Carte
1. Chocolate Coconut Bars
2. Mocha Flan Cake
Executive Chef Bryan Davis, Chef Bryan's Kitchen
1. Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse
2. Chocolate Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries and Port Wine Syrup
Official Website: http://www.tastedc.com
Added by tambolisa1 on January 8, 2007