SVASE Startup Fast-Track: Week 4
Start: 12/08/2010 - 5:30 pm
End: 12/08/2010- 8:30 pm
Due to the popularity of this program all weekly workshops are at full capacity!
Startup Fast-Track – when you just need to do it: Week 4
You’ve got an idea, and you think it could be BIG!
You want to turn this into a business, and you need
to get going FAST! There’s a lot to get done –
recruiting a top notch team, building the prototype,
acquiring first customers, developing a scalable
business model, raising venture capital, and a
whole lot more. So what are the key decisions you need to make, and how can you use these to fast-track your startup, and leave the competition eating your dust?
This event will focus on "Can you pull together a team who can build it, market it, sell it?"
Guest Startup Founder sharing their experiences: Alamgir Mand, CEO and co-Founder, Taggstr, www.taggstr.com
Featuring a host of top notch Guest Speakers and Mentors, plus actionable collateral, this focused program of 12 weekly interactive workshops will enable you to quickly come up to speed on key topics, from quantifying the market to raising venture capital, and how these impact YOUR startup:
• How do you figure out the total market for your idea, and the share you can take – will you be a Gorilla, Chimp or Monkey?
• How do you pull together a team capable of creating, marketing & selling your product/service?
• How will you recruit and manage employees and consultants that work for you? How do you retain control of the IP they create? What options do you have for non-cash compensation?
• How do you acquire customers & develop a scalable business model?
• How do you figure out how much money you are going to need to get your startup off the ground? What would a first pass P & L and Cash Flow look like for your venture?
• The pros and cons of raising venture capital - do you really need it, and if so, when, how much, and from whom?
• How do you put together a compelling funding pitch, that will set you apart from the thousands of other entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley seeking venture funding?
• How do you get in front of the best investors for your startup?
Guest Startup Founder sharing their experiences: TBA
When: Fourth session. 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Dec 8, weekly thereafter for 8 weeks (break for Christmas)
Where: Morgan Lewis, 2 Palo Alto Square, 3000 El Camino Real, Suite 700, Palo Alto, CA 94306-2121
This program is sponsored by Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP: www.morganlewis.com
Official Website: http://www.svase.org/events/startup-fast-track-week-4
Added by svaseinfo on November 12, 2010