SVASE MAIN EVENT - Leveraging Corporate, Strategic Partnerships and Investments
Start: 11/06/2008 - 6:00pm
End: 11/06/2008 - 8:30pm
Contact Info: Laura Weigant
Email: [email protected]
Location: Cooley Godward Kronish LLP
3175 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA 94304
Market leaders continually need to find new innovations from outside as well as inside their firms if they’re going to stay in front. Corporations may be able to exploit resources and complementarities with their existing lines of business, giving them—potentially, at least—a strategic edge that private funds lack. Learn about the key fundamentals of successful corporate investing programs, alliances and commercialization process from four of Silicon Valley’s leading Corporate Partnerships and Venture Funds.
Looking for Corporate Venture Funding or Partnerships?
This lively panel of active corporate investors will explore current trends and panelist opinions on topics including:
* What sort of partnerships or investment opportunities are Corporate Venture Funds looking for now?
* How do Corporate Partnerships and Venture Funds now respond to these opportunities?
* What are your goals – maximize return on investment, new technology acquisition, or what?
* What levels of involvement do you want in a portfolio company?
* How do Corporate Partnerships and Venture Fund deal structures differ from independent Venture Funds?
* What is the ideal outcome – partnership, acquisition, IPO or what?
* What technologies and deals are most attractive to Corporations right now?
• Beti Cung, Principal Business Development Manager, Strategic & Emerging Business Team, Microsoft Corporation
• Alexander K. Marquez, Director, Intel Capital
• J. Christopher Moran, Vice President and General Manager, Applied Ventures LLC
• David Hartwig, Partner, SAP Ventures
Moderator: J.R. Ahn, Vice President, Corporate Development, NetApp
WHEN: Thursday, November 6
6:00 - 7:00 pm: Networking and hors d’oeuvres
7:00 - 8:15 pm: Panel discussion and Q/A
8:15 - 8:30 pm: Additional networking
LOCATION: Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (WSGR Campus), 950 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304
PRE-REGISTERED RATES (All Rates Include Hors D’oeuvres):
Members - $20; Affiliates who advertise this event - $29; General Public - $49
WALK-IN RATES: Add $10.00 to the listed price
This event is co-sponsored by Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, www.wsgr.com/
Official Website: http://www.svase.org/?q=node/1729
Added by svaseinfo on October 6, 2008