SVASE CXO Leadership Forum: Raising your first round of funding – VC perspective
Start: 06/08/2011 - 11:30 am
End: 06/08/2011- 1:30 pm
Contact Info: Ram Sriram
Email: [email protected]
Voice: 408 627-8302
Location: Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
390 Lytton Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Many Venture Capital investors have an interest in the “early stage” Company, however, the definition of "Early Stage" is considerably different, depending on who you’re talking to.
This CXO Forum will focus on what constitutes an “early stage-seed round” opportunity and what are the key points that make for a compelling "early-stage" investment opportunity.
During this session, the panelists will discuss the following issues:
· How does the VC Firm define “early stage seed round”?
· What are the financing structures commonly used in Early Stage deals
· What type of team is necessary to get consideration?
· How does Due Diligence work for early stage investments
· Does the firm have allocation percentages to early stage companies
· Does a VC’s role in an early stage company differ from a later stage?
· Within the definition of “Early Stage”, what is too late?
· What additional risks do early stage companies bring to the Venture Capital investor?
· What sectors are creating the best Early Stage opportunities?
This event is a collegial luncheon designed to foster discussion in a confidential format among founders, officers and managers (CEO, CFO, CTO, CMO) of startup technology companies. We request that participants be involved in the management of a technology company.
Advance registration only, limited to 25 registrants, no walk-ins admitted.
Pre-registration closes 11 AM the day of the event.
When: Wednesday, June 8, 2011
11:30–12:00 pm: Networking and Lunch
12:00-01:30 pm: Panel discussion and Q/A
Location: Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, 390 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Pre-Registered Rates (All Rates Include Lunch):
$20 SVASE members,$29 Affiliates who promote this event
This event is co-sponsored by Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, www.sheppardmullin.com.
Added by svaseinfo on May 27, 2011