SVASE CXO Leadership Forum: Bootstrapping to success
Contact Info: Ram Sriram
Email: [email protected]
Voice: 408 627 8302
Location: Hanson Bridgett
950 Tower Lane, Suite 925
Foster City, CA 94404
Many successful businesses are built on venture capital as well as by bootstrapping. Increasingly large percentages of businesses are bootstrapped. With lot of hard work, focus, and some luck, bootstrapping can be very rewarding.
This month forum will have exciting discussion with our panel of experts who have done it before. They will explore the following questions, and to help you figure out if bootstrapping is for you:
· What have you seen as the biggest indicators of future success, or failure, for bootstrapped startups?
· What are the first 2 or 3 key things you should do to help decide if you should bootstrap, or not?
· For bootstrapping, you may still need some money. Where does it come from?
· You need a team to develop your product. Should you round up people you know & pay them with equity, or outsource development somewhere cheap like Eastern Europe?
· What are some cheap ways to get your hands on the equipment you need?
· It’s tough enough to get first customers if you’re venture funded. How does a scrappy bootstrapped startup get in the door to make its first sales?
· How do you get service providers to work with you at minimal costs?
This event is a collegial luncheon designed to foster discussion in a confidential format among founders, officers and managers (CEO, CFO, CTO, CMO) of startup technology companies. We request that participants be involved in the management of a technology company.
Advance registration only, limited to 25 registrants, no walk-ins admitted.
Pre-registration closes 11 AM the day of the event.
When: Wednesday, August 11
11:30–12:00 pm: Networking and Lunch
12:00-01:30 pm: Panel discussion and Q/A
Location: Hanson Bridgett, 950 Tower Lane, Suite 925, Foster City, CA 94404
Pre-Registered Rates (All Rates Include Lunch):
$20 SVASE members, $29 Affiliates who promote this event
This event is co-sponsored by Hanson Bridgett LLP, www.hansonbridgett.com.
Added by svaseinfo on July 16, 2010