SVASE Academy: Startup Advantage
Start: 09/27/2011 - 5:30 pm
End: 12/20/2011- 8:30 pm
Startup Advantage – when you just need to do it!
You’ve got an idea, and you think it could be BIG! You want to turn this into a business, and you need to get going FAST! There’s a lot to get done – recruiting a top notch team, building the prototype, acquiring first customers, developing a scalable business model, raising venture capital, and a whole lot more. So what are the key decisions you need to make, and how can you use these to your advantage, and leave the competition eating your dust?
“The SVASE program was truly a worthwhile and memorable experience. I will review, recap, take with me and build from all that you and the amazing panel of guest speakers have shared. What I learned, what I saw, what I heard throughout the 12 week program and especially tonight was far more valuable than the text of a book or a dry lecture and provided a deeper understanding of the entrepreneurial world. More importantly, this program fueled my passion to create. This truly has been an amazing experience and worth every penny” Tracey Horne
Facilitated by Dave Epstein, serial entrepreneur, VC, angel and lecturer in entrepreneurship at USF, this focused program of 12 weekly interactive workshops will feature a host of top notch Guest Speakers and Mentors, plus actionable collateral, to enable you to quickly come up to speed on the key ares you need to focus on, to build a viable, fundable business. And unlike programs from for-profit organizations that seek to provide similar education, networking and experience, we DON’T ask for equity in your startup.
• How do you figure out the total market for your idea, and the share you can take – will you be a Gorilla, Chimp or Monkey?
• How do you pull together a team capable of creating, marketing & selling your product/service?
• How do you acquire customers & develop product/market fit, and a scalable business model?
• How do you figure out how much money you are going to need to get your startup off the ground? What would a first pass P & L and Cash Flow look like for your venture?
• How will you recruit and manage employees and consultants that work for you? How do you retain control of the IP they create? What options do you have for non-cash compensation?
• The pros and cons of raising venture capital - do you really need it, and if so, when, how much, and from whom?
• How do you put together a compelling funding pitch, that will set you apart from the thousands of other entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley seeking venture funding?
• How do you attract Mentors and Advisors who can turn into lead investors?
Guest Mentors in past programs have included: Steve Blank, serial entrepreneur, author, lecturer; Konstantin Guericke, co-founder LinkedIn; Bill Reichert, Garage Technology Ventures; Jim Connor, President, Sand Hill Angels, John Vrionis, Partner, Lightspeed Ventures; Manish Chandra, co-founder Kaboodle; Evan Reece, co-founder Liftopia; Alamgir Mand, co-founder Taggstr, and others.
When: First session 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Tue Sep 27, weekly thereafter for 12 weeks
Where: King & Spalding, 333 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 400, Redwood Shores, CA 94065
Full 12 week program including all collateral, plus finger food & soft drinks at each event.
SVASE Members: $845
Program + SVASE Membership: $944
This program is sponsored by King & Spalding, LLP: www.kslaw.com
Official Website: http://www.svase.org/events/svase-academy-startup-advantage
Added by svaseinfo on August 1, 2011