OVERVIEW OF THE DAY:
This one-day program, presented in two parts, is designed to introduce business, government, and community leaders to sustainability and The Natural Step framework. In the morning, a presentation will define sustainability and present the basic principles of The Natural Step (TNS) framework including the science behind the framework model and case studies. Attendees will participate in small group exercises around the four principles and learn how to apply the framework in the creation of a business product and service.
In the afternoon, two local business leaders will share their organizations’ experience in using The Natural Step framework to implement sustainable concepts. Later, participants will learn how to use the four system conditions as a guide in moving their organization toward sustainability.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• A whole systems perspective for considering sustainability
• The Natural Step framework including the four system conditions
• The basic science underlying The Natural Step (TNS) framework
• How the framework is used for decision-making and strategic planning
• Suggested ideas for applying the TNS framework in organizations
• Resources for fresh ideas and assistance when you wonder what to do next
• Through case studies, how organizations have benefited from implementing the framework
Official Website: http://www.ortns.org/events.htm
Added by slozito on December 13, 2007