The 14th annual fundraiser/fashion show/dinner-dance, Stepping Out to Celebrate Life has become one of Marin County’s most popular evenings, raising funds for To Celebrate Life Breast Cancer Foundation which provides grants for support programs, early detection screening, and emotional and educational services for people living with breast cancer. Gala will honor and celebrate the lives of people diagnosed with breast cancer. For the fashion show, over thirty models, all breast cancer survivors, will wear spectacular, one-of-a-kind fashions and accessories created by well-known Bay Area designers.
The Stepping Out to Celebrate Life fashion show will showcase creations by Bay Area-based designers and store owners featuring beautiful fashions and accessories, from magnificent one of a kind dresses, to silkscreen coats, to silk scarves, gorgeous hats and fabulous purses. The models will be escorted on the runway by prominent physicians from our medical community.
· Catherine Bacon – Novato-based and nationally known, she designs sophisticated clothing created from rich, textural fabrics. www.catherinebacon.com
· Holly Badgley – A textile artist working in Sausalito, she creates hand-painted clothing incorporating ethnic motifs. www.hollybadgley.com
· Michelle Ciel Designs – Mill Valley interior designer makes unique handbags that reflect her preference for simplicity. www.michelleciel.com
· Jenne Giles – Harlequin Feltworks - San Francisco artist handcrafts felted wool scarves, wraps and throws. www.harlequinfeltworks.com
· Jill Giordano & Brian Scheyer, gr.dano - Fashion design meets graphic design in a collection of original, wearable clothing by the Sausalito-based team of Jill Giordano and Brian Scheyer. These combined talents, along with a hefty amount of experience in the apparel industry, have launched gr.dano into a modern, bold line of classic clothing intended to make a woman feel sexy and self-assured. www.grdano.com
· Yuri Shiller & Svetlana Trumm, Picky Studio, San Francisco - A passion for cutting-edge design combined with the latest fabric printing technology keeps these Russian-born artists on the forefront of avant garde fashion. www.pickystudio.com
· Danielle Schubert, Mill Valley Hat Box - This talented milliner wants to change the way that people view hats in their everyday life. www.millvalleyhatbox.com
· Nasimiyu Wekesa, Nasimiyu Designs – The Mill Valley jewelry artist creates bold, one-of-a-kind beaded pieces rich in the culture of her native Kenya. www.nasimiyudesigns.com
To Celebrate Life Breast Cancer Foundation is a nonprofit volunteer-based organization whose members are breast cancer survivors, friends and supporters. Since its inception in 1996 the organization has raised and granted over 2.8 million dollars to local San Francisco Bay Area nonprofit organizations that help people living with breast cancer or who have breast health concerns. Its three major fundraisers are Stepping Out To Celebrate Life, Rally To Celebrate Life and Tee It Up To Celebrate Life. For more information,
(415) 455-5882 or www.tocelebratelife.org
Added by cmargaritafranco on September 9, 2009