Experience Nature like you have never experienced it before...
Stephen & Teddy's Excellent Adventure 18
S&TEA-18 will be held June 6 to 8, 2008 (Friday to Sunday for 2 nights) at the Cranberry Run Campgrounds in the Poconos, PA. This is the same "party friendly" location that we used for our past "Excellent Adventures".
If you are thinking about attending, please send an email immediately to
Stephen (send the poster a note for contact info), and let me know that you will be
NOTE: New policies for 2008 --
1. If you do not RSVP, you cannot attend. No "walk-ins" this year.
2. If you do RSVP, you owe payment for one night regardless of your attendance (unless you cancel at least 48 hours in advance).
All of the information on this great camping trip is below. Email me if you have any additional questions!
* Who: You and a few dozen of your favorite Geek Friends!
* What: A camping trip, with cooking outdoors, sleeping under the stars, campfires, gaming, and plenty of partying.
* When: Friday, June 6 to Sunday, June 8, 2008 (two nights)
* Where: Cranberry Run Campgrounds in the Poconos, PA (the same campgrounds as our other trips).
* How: With a tent, of course, and for only $35/pp for the entire weekend!
* Why: To commune with nature and relax with your friends in a beautiful natural setting... while getting intoxicated and doing crazy things in the woods... :)
This is a "Party Friendly" campgrounds, so we don't have to worry about getting crazy! Alcohol and campfires are allowed, which is not a usual case for most campgrounds, surprisingly enough And there is no "quiet time" or curfew, which at most campgrounds is an amazingly early 10pm! So, party on, Dudes and Dudettes! :)
If you have never been camping before, this is the perfect opportunity, as this campground has full facilities (restrooms, showers, convenience store, laundry, etc.), so you will be able to rely on all the necessities. Additional information about Cranberry Run Campgrounds and the surrounding area is included below.
If you are interested, please drop Stephen ( [email protected] ) a note, and let us know that YES, you do want to join in the Adventure! On our previous "Excellent Adventures", we have had 45+ people, and a great time was definitely had by all!
Come join the fun and partying in the great outdoors!
Come to... Stephen and Teddy's Excellent Adventure!
Stephen and Teddy's Excellent Adventure, Inc.
A Non-Profit, All-Partying, Organization
Features and Facilities of the Cranberry Run Campgrounds include:
* All Shaded Sites
* Rest Rooms and Showers
* Convenience Store
* Recreation Area
* ***Swimming Pool***
* Miniature golf
* Indoor Pavilion
* Picnic Tables
* Hiking & Fishing
* Laundry Facilities
* Video Arcade
* Bingo and group activities (if you are over 60... :-))
Near the Cranberry Run Campgrounds, there are other attractions, such as:
* Canoeing & Tubing on the Delaware
* Movie theatres
* Horseback riding
* Animal parks
* And much more... :)
Stephen and Teddy's Excellent Adventure would be cheap at any price! But, you get a 2-night stay at Cranberry Run Campgrounds for only $35/pp for the weekend! Compare this to staying 2 nights at the Hunt Valley Marriott (now around $250)! $35 covers the covers the cost of the actual campsite itself for 2 nights. Food and beverages, which you need to bring or buy there, are extra, but these naturally will run you a lot less than the cost of your average hotel food (since you will be cooking it yourself. :-)
Note that the only mandatory item for this camping trip is a tent, one that you are bringing or one that you have prearranged to share with someone. If you haven't camped before, we can provide you with a list of suggested items to bring as a guide.
Official Website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EvilGeeks/
Added by SARudy on April 8, 2008