The Startup Alliance (TSA) is a community of startup entrepreneurs and small business leaders who get together to share resources, knowledge, and contacts.
HOW IT WORKS: Unlike your typical networking situation where everyone is trying to sell you their products and services, TSA members and attendees ask each other "How can I help you grow your business?" NOT "what can I get from you?" We network to help each other. By taking a proactive approach to exchanging resources, everyone benefits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Small Business Owners and Executives, Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors, and anyone who can be a benefit to the startup community.
HOW CAN WE MAKE SURE PEOPLE EXCHANGE RESOURCES? We have a few rules that keep things moving in the right direction. Plus we put our money where our mouth is.
1. No Multi Level Marketers allowed
2. Did I mention NO Multi Level Marketers allowed - The Startup Alliance is for real startup entrepreneurs and business leaders, Amway is NOT welcome here
3. We give a $100 cash prize to the best lead of every event as voted by the attendees
4. We give a $100 cash prize to the person voted "most helpful/best resource" at every event
5. While we obviously want you to exchange business cards and we also provide a resource exchange table, anyone who receives multiple complaints for aggressive pitching will be asked to leave and will not be invited back.
6. Breakout sessions on various startup related business topics will be scheduled for those interested.
WHY WE STARTED THIS: After attending every type of networking event under the sun and getting constantly bombarded by people shamelessly self-promoting their own lame stuff (mostly multi level marketers) we decided to create a group that understood the power of exchanging resources. We focused TSA on startups because entrepreneurs have the most to gain and doing the most innovative things.
Reservations are $20 before May 10th, $25 after May 10th.
Official Website: http://www.thestartupalliance.com
Added by FullCalendar on May 2, 2008