Adding video to your site, blog, or podcast no longer requires expensive equipment or studio time. With today’s powerful desktop tools and a little new media know-how, your editorial team can produce compelling, short videos inexpensively and quickly.
In this workshop, you’ll produce a 3- to 5-minute video, ready to post on your site.
As part of the workshop, you'll receive a dual-platform 40G hard drive on which to edit and save your project. You may keep this drive for future use.
And you'll learn...
• Shooting Tips & Tricks
- choosing the right gear: camera, microphone, accessories
- finding on-camera "talent" within your organization
- lighting your subjects naturally and capturing clean audio
- creating captivating interviews & focused service pieces
• Editing Basics
- editing your video on the desktop using basic FinalCut Pro tools
- adding B-roll, music, overlays, graphics
- compressing your final product for Web distribution
• Distribution Techniques
- posting video to your site
- distributing across the Web: YouTube, iTunes, syndications, RSS and other social media networks
- measuring the impact of your video
Only 18 places available. Open to Web publishing professionals throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
Official Website: http://publishingcourses.stanford.edu/videoworkshop/
Added by Stanford Publishing Courses on February 4, 2009