This one day course is designed for people who want to know how to make web sites accessible and for anyone who is involved in the design process. This typically includes:
• Graphic designers
• Content writers
• Web developers
• User interface designers
• Web site managers
• Quality assurance teams
• Creative directors
• Marketing managers
• Business analysts
• Project managers
You may work for an agency, a corporate firm, a local council, or anyone that is keen on driving accessibility forwards in their business.
What will I achieve?
On successful completion of this course, participants will:
• Have an understanding of the various accessibility guidelines (WCAG and Section 508)
• Have an understanding of how accessibility guidelines can be used to assess and design a web site
• Understand the importance and principles of including users in testing
• Know how to incorporate the needs of disabled users at any stage of the design process
• Have an understanding of the various challenges disabled people face when using web sites
• Be aware of the various assistive technologies disabled people use and have an appreciation of how they work (Zoomtext, JAWS, Supernova and more)
This one day course provides delegates with practical examples, comprehensive notes, guidelines and sources of reference.
• Introduction to accessibility and disability
• Demonstration of assistive technologies (Zoomtext, JAWS, Supernova and more)
• Demystifying the accessibility guidelines
• Using accessibility checklists
• Testing tools and techniques
• Make accessible images, forms, tables and navigation
• Create an accessibility action plan for your web site
• Incorporating disabled users into the design process
• The importance and principles of user testing
• Tools you can download to conduct your own testing
• Group Accessibility review of your sites
• Accessible content
The maximum number of participants at our central London training facility is 8 per course and prices are £275 + VAT per head.
The course includes lunch and refreshments, and we fully cater for vegetarians or special dietary requirements (please mention this when booking your place).
Who we have trained
We have trained people from Vodafone, Macmillan, Midlands Coop, Save The Children, Help the Aged, AbstractMRM, ESRC, Woking Borough Council, Hastings Borough Council, Pernod Ricard, Hermes, English Heritage, Princes Trust, KPMG, BDO Stoy Hayward, The Stationary Office, British Library, Stroud and Swindon, AXA PPP Healthcare, Ecclesiastical, Elsevier and more.
Official Website: http://www.spotlessdesign.com/Training/accessibility_one_day_course.html
Added by spotle55 on May 13, 2008