"We Need A Speech" is an all day workshop that covers the bases of writing for this demanding oral medium of communication.
Participants will come away with a solid understanding of the rules of engagement including:
* How to find your speaker’s voice
* How to get to the message
* What you must do if you can't get access to the speaker
* How much research you should do
* The biggest pitfalls in writing speeches for the public sector
* Determining what you can control, and what you can’t
* Why humor is the most challenging and dangerous choice for speech writers
* The politics of Power Point
* How to market yourself as a speechwriter
Other topics include:
* The rules of engagement.
* Speaker needs vs. audience needs. Trouble ahead?
* Effective openings.
* Leaving them asking for more.
Colin Moorhouse has been writing speeches for clients for over a decade. He also teaches the craft at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, B.C. and has given speech writing workshops to the Canadian Public Relations Society, the International Association of Business Communicators, the Society for Technical Communication, Let's Talk Business in New York and New Jersey, and to Toastmasters.
The Date: Saturday, July 29, 2006
Time: 9am to 5pm
Place: YWCA Downtown Vancouver
535 Hornby Street
The Cost: $160CAN
EARLY BIRD PRICE of $130 if you pay prior to July 15th.
Official Website: http://www.fearlessfreelancing.com/services_telespeech.shtml
Added by Rob Cottingham on July 13, 2006