Vancouver ACM SIGGRAPH and the Vancity Theatre proudly present the first annual SPARK Animation Festival, September 10th to 14th, 2008 sponsored by the BC Innovation Council. SPARK is a five-day animation festival with premiere screenings as well as panels and presentations from a world-class line-up of directors, animators and film-makers. SIGGRAPH expects to sell out the 4,000 seats to festival goers who include industry decision makers, executives, artists, students, and interactive arts professionals.
SPARK Animation '08
Celebrating Inspiration and Innovation
Date: Wednesday - September 10th - Sunday - 14th
Tickets: Regular admission: $10-25 // Members: $8-15, All sessions "à la carte"
More Info: www.spark.siggraph.ca
- Presentation & screening of DreamWorks “Kung Fu Panda” with Directors John Stevenson and Mark Osborne
- Presentation & screening of Blue Sky Studios “Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who” with Directors Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino
- Panel Sessions including: Animation in Games, Directing Animated Features, The Best of the Web, and Surviving as an Independent Animator
- Presentations from industry including: Ed Hooks (author: Acting for Animators), Paul Topolos (PIXAR), Paul Harrod (Bent Image Lab), Markus Manninen & Alex Parkinson (DreamWorks)
- Screening of "Worst Cartoons Ever!" with Jerry Beck, The Pixar Story, and The Best of SIGGRAPH '08
Recent events hosted by Vancouver ACM SIGGRAPH have all sold out in record time including presentations by industry heavyweights such as Syd Mead, Sharon Calahan, Michael Rubin and Dr. Alvy Ray Smith. Events are traditionally held in an intimate setting which makes them a hot commodity for those working in or pursuing a career in the industry.
This is the first major festival from Vancouver ACM SIGGRAPH since the recent announcement that Vancouver will host the International SIGGRAPH conference to the tune of 24,000 people in the summer of 2011. This annual event, which just took place in Los Angeles earlier this month, featured the highest quality presentations by the most powerful and most engaging leaders in computer graphics and interactive techniques.
Official Website: http://spark.siggraph.ca
Added by siggraphpr on September 3, 2008