SPACING: announcing the Winter-Spring 2007 issue
Wednesday, February 21
Thursday, February 22nd
Gladstone Hotel, 1214 Queen St. W.
8pm, $10 (includes mag), DJ Chris Thinn
The eighth issue of Spacing is about to hit the streets. On Wednesday, Feb. 21st, the new issue will go on sale at the newsstands, followed by our release party the next day (Thursday, Feb. 22nd) at the Gladstone Hotel. Subscribers should have already started to receive the issue.
The cover section of the winter-spring 2007 issue takes a close-up look at our intersections and what our crossroads reveal about our city — Markham & Lawrence, Gerrard & Coxwell, Allen & Eglinton, Albion & Finch, Richmond & Sherbourne, among others. Spacing contributors explore how some communities are experiencing gentrification and rehabilitation, and how other neighbourhoods were planning disasters from the start.
The issue also features:
• the introduction of John Lorinc’s City Hall column
• the organized chaos of our traffic lights
• the colour-combinations of subway station platforms on the Bloor-Danforth line are explained
• what happens when you send a letter to a park
• rankings of the best toboggan hills in the city
• Shawn Micallef’s Toronto Flaneur column
Official Website: http://spacing.ca/wire/?p=1535
Added by remarkk on February 19, 2007