How can Social Media transform government? What role does Social Media play in achieving government transparency? A panel of experts will discuss ways Social Media can change federal and local government by sharing case studies of current Social Media usage in government and discussing the challenges and obstacles facing widespread adoption of Social Media.
Our speakers this month come from various agencies and will be sharing their experiences of working with Social Media within a government agency.
* Ariel Waldman - Independent consultant for NASA
* David Canepa - City Councilman in Daly City
* Evan Ratliff - writer for Wired Magazine
* Veronica McGregor - Manages the Mars/Rover Twitter account
* Moderated by J.J. Toothman - Web Strategist for Stanford
We are also looking for food and beverage sponsors for this event. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to support the local group.
Official Website: http://smcsfsvfeb09.eventbrite.com/
Added by arielwaldman on February 4, 2009