New technologies like blogs, social networking, and RSS are changing the media and marketing landscape. Attendees will learn how to understand how customers use social technologies, what business objectives can be met, what strategies to develop, when it is appropriate to use these tools. This workshop will not only introduce these new tools, it will provide you with frameworks to create a coherent strategy around five specific business objectives — listening, talking, energizing, supporting, and embracing your customers. You'll go home with a better understanding of how to use social marketing — and more importantly, a workable plan for what to do today.
You'll go home with a way to create a workable strategy as well as a better understanding of when and how to use these new social technologies. We'll also discuss how to garner internal support for deployment and how to measure the results.
This workshop will include:
* Interactive sessions on frameworks that will help you create a strategy around social technologies like blogs, RSS, widgets, social networking, forums, ratings/reviews and wikis.
* Examples of how marketers, agencies, and public relations firms have used social marketing — and how to avoid the pitfalls.
* Hands-on training on how to create blogs and RSS feeds, as well as podcasts. In addition to a technical overview, the training will include best practices on how to manage the internal process of setting up these social marketing tools.
* A best practices panel of marketers, agencies, and technology providers.
* Opportunities to share, learn, and network with other attendees and Forrester analysts. This includes a wine and cheese reception after the workshop.
Official Website: http://www.forrester.com/events/eventdetail?eventID=1521
Added by Voce Nation on June 12, 2008