This 2-day Software Architecture for Developers course is about broadening your software development skills and has been designed to take full advantage of the technical knowledge that you already have. This could be Java, .NET or something else. Simon Brown's software architecture development course will make you more 'architecturally aware', and will help you to build better software. It's about pragmatic and real-world software architecture rather than academic "ivory tower" software architecture and is presented by Simon Brown.
Software Architecture for Developers is a comprehensive two day training course that will jumpstart your way to becoming a software architect. The course is an interactive introduction to software architecture and what it means to be a software architect. It's aimed at software developers who are looking towards their first software architect role, developers who want to become more architecturally aware and software architects who are new to the role. Throughout the course you'll reinforce everything you learn by defining the architecture for a small software system through a series of hands-on exercises.
LEARN HOW TO:
* Understand what software architecture is all about.
* Understand what it means to be a software architect and the responsibilities associated with the role.
* Understand the trade-offs that are made when making architectural decisions.
* Experience what it feels like to be an architect on a bespoke software development project; including gathering non-functional requirements, determining the drivers for architecture and defining an architecture.
* Appreciate that even a little architecture can go a long way to building better software.
* Understand that, as a software architect, it's okay to do some coding.
Added by zackskillsmatter on June 8, 2010