UPDATE: This workshop has been cancelled for 2006. Watch for future events from the SFU Workshop program at www.sfu.ca/pubworks
The web's tumultuous first decade is history, and we're now watching the rise of a new online zeitgeist. Whether you call it Web 2.0, cooperative technologies, or the Internet as platform, you'll want to know what it means for you, your work, your audience and your clients.
From July 31 to August 3 (9am to 4pm daily), SFU is offering four day-long workshops on four different aspects of the new media with leading industry faculty and guests.
- July 31 - Day 1: The Future and the Now [ Summ 480 ]: web trends and standards, engagement with social networking, managing digital identity and working with the new breed of web applications
- August 1 - Day 2: What Counts as Content Anymore? [ Summ 481 ]: copywriting for the multimedia web, evolutionary branding, positioning and design, and CSS, XHTML and standards-based design
- August 2 - Day 3: Exploring New Formats [ Summ 482 ]: blogs, wikis, and social software, integrating the social into your business, monitoring and participating in the networked conversation, and podcasting and vidblogging your way to fame
- August 3 - Day 4: Getting the Money to Flow [ Summ 483 ]: E-commerce, subscription services and advertising dollars, website optimization and search engine advertising, tracking and measuring your successes
Each workshop consists of presentations from industry experts and examples applicable to your situation and needs. Come for a day or come for the week. You'll leave inspired and equipped with the knowledge you need to make new media work for you.
Who should attend?
- Marketing, communications and PR folks who want to learn about properly
integrating bloggers and blogging into their promotional strategies.
- Small business owners and companies who want to learn how to best use the web to promote their businesses.
- Writers and designers who want to better understand user needs in terms of content and design.
- Anyone who wants to get in touch with the leading edge of web technologies.
The SFU New Media workshops are not airy-fairy, in-theory workshops. They are a learning ground for practical skills and cutting-edge practices. Any company or individual doing business on the web - whether you have a single web page or a robust e-commerce website - needs full fluency in our topics.
Each day is focussed on one aspect of the web. So the costs are built to accommodate one day or multiple days:
Save $125 and attend all four days.
- $205 for 1 day
- $395 for two days
- $550 for 3 days
- $695 for 4 days.
Please register before June 16 to ensure course availability.
For more information visit SFU New Media Workshops
For registrationg information please visit SFU New Media Registration
604.291.5000 or 604.291.5241
SFU SUMMER PUBLISHING WORKSHOPS
Simon Fraser University Vancouver
515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada V6B 5K3
Official Website: http://www.ccsp.sfu.ca/pubworks/newmedia/index.html