Using the Social Graph / Social Platforms to Enhance Search & Discovery
When: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008
Where: Yahoo! Main Campus, Sunnyvale, CA - Building C. Classroom 5.
Kevin Marks from Google
Aditya Argarwal from Facebook
Kent Brewster of Yahoo!
Eve Phillips CEO of Chirp
With Dave McClure moderating. This should be a good one!
topics to cover:
- platform overviews / highlight unique features of each platform (API overview / features)
- explore social graph search / friend list lookup -- as API feature (on platform vs embedded external)
- discuss targeted search vs serendipitous discovery (search box vs news feed)
- enabling friend lists / social graph lookup from email / IM / other data sources
- opportunities for 3rd-party developers -- distribution / viral acquisition / monetization
- review privacy mgmt / data portability -- high priority or not? alpha geek issue, or mainstream?
Added by beach on January 31, 2008