The basic principles of SEO best practice are well-established and well-known to many. But to succeed in the competitive arena of Google's natural listings, you have to gain an edge by using advanced, ethical SEO techniques which are not subject to the search engines' spam filters.
This practical workshop will provide you with a structured process to improve your results from SEO by reviewing your existing optimisation approaches, analytics and tools against best practice and competitor approaches. It will highlight the advanced techniques used by the companies at the top of the listings for the most competitive search terms.
The small-group workshop format is designed to enable sharing of techniques with expert review of specific sites and challenges by your course tutor, Dave Chaffey. Sites reviewed will include sites optimised by leading agencies in different sectors including retail, travel, financial services, publishing and business-to-business. As an option, attendees own SEO approaches can also be reviewed by Dave and feedback given in the second half of the day.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for specialist search engine marketers with responsibilities for SEO, either at an agency or client-side. You will need to have the experience of having worked "hands-on" on several SEO projects to gain the most from the course. The course will also be useful for digital marketing managers or agency account managers who need to be familiar with advanced approaches to review and discuss the current SEO strategies adopted by their staff or clients.
You will already be familiar with the principles of SEO which are covered on our Search Marketing - Organic/Natural (SEO) course http://econsultancy.com/training/courses/seo. Fundamental concepts of SEO, basic terminology, the basics of keyword research and resolving crawling problems will not be covered in this Advanced course.
How will I benefit?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
· Audit your current approach against cutting-edge approaches using a structured process
· Identify and prioritise the quick wins and longer-term benefits
· Spot opportunities for improvements through freely available tools such as Google Webmaster tools and Google Analytics, open-source plug-ins and paid services
· Benchmark competitors to "reverse-engineer" the techniques they are using and determine what you need to do to beat them.
· "Red flag" techniques to avoid which can result in a ranking penalty
What will I learn?
This course covers these Advanced SEO topics:
· Advanced analytics and tools. The best techniques and analytics for reviewing your performance in the natural listings to identify opportunities and plug gaps;
· Review of existing on-page optimization approach. How to audit existing approaches to identify improvements to page template structure, markup and copywriting.
· Keyphrase management. How to review a large portfolio of target keyphrases to identify areas for improvement.
· Link-building. A structured approach to building more quality backlinks from third-party sites including "linkbaiting"
· Information Architecture. The full-range of internal-linking and content creation approaches successfully used by companies to improve the flow of PageRank within a site and so increase the ranking of pages
· Digital Asset Optimization. How to succeed in universal search through Digital Asset Optimisation with the emphasis on video and image search
· Vertical Search. Best practice approaches for specialist forms of SEO including Mobile SEO, Local SEO and International SEO
· Campaign integration. How best to integrate SEO with paid search, affiliate marketing and Online PR campaigns.
· Online PR for SEO. How to exploit social media through Online PR techniques that improve SEO results (this topic is covered in more depth in our specialist course on Online PR for SEO, http://www.econsultancy.com/training/courses/seo-pr)
· Multilingual SEO. This topic is covered in more depth in our specialist course on International SEO, http://www.econsultancy.com/training/courses/international-seo.
Official Website: http://econsultancy.com/
Added by E-consultancy on November 3, 2009