6911 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75209

Rich, I briefly mentioned the RRL at breakfast and thought you might want to pass this on to others in the group that have an aviation interest...sorry I don't have their email addresses. The below link to the current issue of Air and Space Magazine has a good article covering more of the specifics on the rocket, airframe and race dynamics...thought you would enjoy. Please feel free to pass on to any others with an aviation interest. A little short notice, but anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area on the 28th would be welcome to Jim's presentation. WRB

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:17 AM
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Rocket Racing League Invite

Hello DFW friends,

Here is a Rocket Racing League update.
1. The first Mark-1 X Racer has completed static testing and will start flight testing this month.
2. The 5th Rocket Racing Team will be publicly announced at the X-Prize Cup on October 27th at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico.
3. The RRL continues to raise capital. This month, a major internet entrepeneur in the northwest, purchased a substantial amount of RRL stock.

Here are some articles currently on the news stands.

Business Week (September 24, 2007):
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_39/b4051066.htm

Air and Space Magazine (September 2007):
http://www.airspacemag.com/issues/2007/september/X-Racers.php

Rice University Sallyport (Summer 2007):
http://www.rice.edu/sallyport/2007/Summer/features/TheSky.html

Please feel free to send this around. If you know anyone who would like to attend the presentation at the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field on Sept. 28, I will send them an evite. Just send me email addresses.

Here is the Rocket Racing League website:
www.rocketracingleague.com

Here is my team's website:
www.bridenstinerocketracing.com

Best regards,
Jim Bridenstine
775.815.3771
[email protected]

Event submitted by Eventful.com on behalf of wrb.

Added by wrb on September 18, 2007

Interested 1