Please join us for the inaugural "Red & White" wine tasting event! This is an intimate gathering with limitless tastings, raffle prizes, a beautiful view of San Francisco, and great company. Light appetizers and chocolate pairings will be provided. The event benefits the Central YMCA in the Tenderloin District.
Tickets are $50.00 for unlimited wine from select wineries from Napa, Sonoma, Santa Cruz, Lodi and others. In addition, each attendee will receive a $15.00 gift certificate from Bottlenotes.com. Please see the silent auction / raffle items prepared for the evening. Raffle winners will be announced at 7pm and 9:30pm.
Limited space and tickets are available, so purchase your tickets online today!
RAFFLES PRIZES ($10 for 3 raffle tickets)
- 3 month club membership to Monterey Bay Sailing (valued at $550)
- 4 tickets to Talent Mosaic's Networking Workshop on Apr. 21st (valued at $400)
- Ravenswood Monte Rosso Zinfandel 1994 magnum (valued at $330)
- Private tour and tasting package for up to 30 people at Byington Winery (valued at $300)
- Portrait photoshoot on the beach by AK Rowland Photography (valued at $300)
- Semi-private kiteboarding lesson by NorCalSurfShop.com (valued at $200)
- 2005 Chateau Dassault Grand Cru Classic (valued at $70)
- 2004 Ponzi Dolcetto Oregon Pinot Noir
- Gift certificate to dine at Pampas
- Gift certificate to dine at Palomino
- Lunch for 2 at Swan Oyster Depot
- One hour bay cruise by Monterey Sailing
- Casey O'Connell art, critically acclaimed SF based artist
- A case of custom wine labeling of 2006 Merlot, Napa Valley by winefornia.com (valued at $1020)
- Feng Shui consultation by Kali Design (valued at $450)
- Photoshoot session by Annie Tao Photography (valued at $250)
- Digital painting by Gabriela Hernandez Lepe
- Discover Sailing package for 2 by Club Nautique (valued at $270)
- Audelssa Estate Winery 2000 Carbernet Sauvignon
- Ca' Del Solo, Albarino 2006
- Banyan Wines 2008 Monterey County Gewürztraminer
- Charles Krug Winery 2006 Chardonnay
- Chateau St. Jean, Sauvignon Blanc
- Cinnabar Vineyards, Mercury Rising Red
- Dunning Vineyards Estate 2007 Chardonnay
- Ravenswood Monte Rosso Zinfandel 1995, 1996
- Quady Winery dessert wine selection (2007 Essensia – 100% Orange Muscat, 2007 Elysium – 100%)
- Black Muscat, 2007 Electra – Orange Muscat, n/v Starboard Batch 88 – Tinta Roriz) - will be paired with Dagoba Organic Chocolate* (Dark, Eclipse, Lavender Blueberry, Super Fruit, Xocolati flavors)
and more wines offered by Michael-David Winery, A Donkey and Goat Winery and more.
- Crudite with a Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Frittata with Goat Cheese
- Bruschetta with a Fava Bean Spread and Fresh Greens
- Puff Pastry Tarts with Asparagus and Shitake Mushrooms
Directions and parking information:
Banyan Wines, Bonny Doon Vineyard, Byington Winery, Chateau St. Jean, Cinnabar Winery, Dunning Vineyards, Frey Vineyards, La Nebbia Winery, Michael-David Winery, Quady Winery, Ravenswood Winery, Vino Con Brio, Bottlenotes.com, Dagoba Organic Chocolate, K&L Wine Merchants - San Francisco Store, Trader Joe's North Beach, Winefornia.com, and generous individual donors.
Tickets are non-transferrable and non-refundable. IDs will be checked at the door.
The Sky Room is on the 24th floor of 100 McAllister with a beautiful 360-degree view of the city.
Since our event is unlimited tastings, we encourage all attendees to take public transporation (i.e. BART), taxis, or having a designated driver.
MORE ABOUT THE CENTRAL YMCA
This event is to raise awareness and funding for the Shih Yu-Lang Central YMCA (http://www.ymcasf.org/Central/index.html) in the Tenderloin district,one of the poorest and most under served areas in San Francisco. The Central YMCA community serves over 2,700 members, 40% of whom receive financial assistance. With local community based agencies
facing dramatic budget cuts in 2009, we are seeking your support to continue the delivery of desperately needed services to Tenderloin youth, seniors, and everyone in between.
Thanks to your support:
- 250 teens find a healthy, safe refuge with academic support in our youth program here in the Tenderloin, a community struggling with drug use and violence.
- 500 Seniors come into our YMCA and participate in our wide range of programs, including fitness, language, and life skills classes.
- 700 low income individuals from all walks of life gain access to our facility and become socially involved in our YMCA, supported by our Financial Assistance program.
Even if you cannot attend, consider donating to the Central YMCA by clicking here:
Please enter "wineevent" in the "Reference" box.
Bernard Moon, Christine Hong, Erica Lee, Lorie Leonard, Felice Cary, Lisa Marie Russell, Jenny Wong, Daniel Wheeler, Tom Donovan, Matt Teichmann
If you have additional questions, please contact Bernard Moon ([email protected]) or Christine Hong ([email protected]). Thank you!
Added by bernardmoon on April 4, 2009