How would you like to…
…have clients come to you because you are the expert?
…be more selective about the projects you take on?
…be booked solid, and increase your revenue and profits?
…finally stop trading your time for money by generating passive income?
Value-based pricing is one strategy to increase revenue. But how do you increase your value in the first place? You might do what famous consultants have been doing for years, establishing themselves as thought leaders by writing and publishing books. But what if you’re too busy to write a whole book? What if you need something now—without the hassle of finding a publisher?
Good news: you can start getting known as soon as this summer. By creating such thought-leadership pieces as blogs, podcasts, teleseminars, white papers, and, eventually a book (if you want to), you can build your reputation, establish your credibility, and demand higher rates for your consulting.
Workshop leader Laura Lowell did just that in 2007, when her book “42 Rules of Marketing” made it to the Top 5 in the Business Humor category on Amazon and the Top 25 in the Business Marketing category on Amazon.com. How did she do it? She wrote, published, and marketed her book using new media tools and Publishing 2.0 business processes. You can take a shortcut to profitability, too. All it takes is applying the right tools and persistence.
In this hands-on workshop, Laura will guide you through the steps for creating and marketing your information product. You’ll learn and accomplish the following:
• How do you know what you know? You’ll brainstorm a list of possibilities, and partner up to help each other narrow your lists to something that (1) demonstrates your expertise; and (2) has a viable and profitable market.
• How do you start creating your product? One way is to start a blog. Your blog can help you create and test content, and later market the product. Bring your laptop—you’ll start a blog and online social media accounts.
• How do you market in today’s virtual world? You’ll go through the step-by-step, bulletproof plan Laura used to market her book to the top. She’ll share how to use various new media channels to build your consulting business and generate passive income. You’ll come away with an action plan so you can create your product with confidence, knowing you have the right marketing strategies to succeed.
If you want to become more profitable by publishing, create an information product this summer—and start increasing your fees and your client base.
Register today at http://www.kintera.org/autogen/home/default.asp?ievent=273664
About Laura Lowell
Laura Lowell is the founder and principal of Impact Marketing Group and author of 42 Rules of Marketing (www.42rules.com). She has 17 years experience in consumer and business-business high-tech marketing. Prior to receiving her MBA from UC Berkeley, Laura worked for IBM Asia-Pacific with a focus on emerging markets. In 1992 she joined Intel Corp. and was on the start-up team that developed and implemented the Intel Inside branding program. After several years, Laura joined Hewlett-Packard where she established a reputation as an expert in marketing communications strategy and planning.
In 2005, Laura started Impact Marketing Group. Their mission is to provide marketing communications expertise in order to help companies achieve their business goals through effective and impactful marketing.
• WIC members: $149 early bird/$169 late registration
• Non-members: $169 early bird/$189 late registration
Added by Women In Consulting on May 5, 2008