1 day workshop in project management techniques
Specifically designed for marketers responsible for web projects and digital marketing campaigns.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is for you if:
• You are a client marketer with responsibility for overseeing digital projects
• You want to learn about how project management tools and techniques can help deliver web projects and digital marketing campaigns with more success and less pain
• You want to understand how to build greater support from your managers and your project team
• Your agency or in house team are using a project management process and you want to understand more about your role and responsibilities
Project Skills for Digital Marketers can help you, no matter how big or small your projects are, from a simple microsite to a complex new build.
We give you practical tools and advice, not just theory
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
Understand what makes digital projects different.
Initiate projects that have clear goals and requirements;
• Improving your chances of accurate estimation
• Allowing you to give consistent direction and prioritisation to your project team
• Helping you to keep control of costs and timings
• So you will know what success is when you achieve it
Understand the roles and responsibilities within a project;
• So you know what you need to be doing when
• To ensure you have the right people delivering, reviewing and approving work at key stages
Communicate effectively with key stakeholders within your business;
• So you can use their experience to ensure the requirements of your project are aligned to the goals of your business
• To ensure everyone is working towards to delivering the same thing
• So you can make sure you get support and buy in from your management and team
• So that there is timely involvement from the right people when decisions need to be made
Draw on a range of tools which will help you monitor and manage budget, timings and risks;
• Keeping your finger on the pulse of how your project is doing so you can proactively manage issues and risks and report progress to management
• So you can monitor and celebrate successes
• Allowing you and your team to learn lessons as the project progresses
• Enabling you to achieve quick improvements by learning from what works for others
See dramatic improvements by learning what has worked for others
WHO ARE THE WORKSHOP LEADERS?
Originally from a direct marketing background Sonia Kay has been working with web projects for the last eight years, both as an agency project manager and a client marketer. Brands have included Goldfish, thetrainline.com, BBC TV Licensing, Beazley and JP Morgan.
In 2006 Sonia was commissioned by e-consultancy to conduct a ground breaking piece of research into web project management best practice, and subsequently helped them design a successful training course focussing on adapting agile project management methods for web projects. Sonia is also a qualified Prince 2 Practitioner.
Sarah Alder has been working with web projects for over ten years, including managing marketing teams, development teams and agencies. Projects include technology-led solutions such as e-commerce, online voting, database integration and content management systems as well as campaign-based projects for membership acquisition and retention, newsletter sign-up and elections. Clients come from a range of industries including membership organisations, consultancies, education and insurance.
From working with so many different stakeholder groups, Sarah has developed an excellent set of project management skills which allow the marketing team to clearly define its role in any web project and to focus on their objectives. Sarah is a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Added by e_consultancy on September 3, 2008