What is CrowdPitch?
This event will bring entrepreneurs, innovators, mentors, support providers, and investors together in an informal and energetic setting.
Think ´America Idol´ — selected entrepreneurs will have 4 minutes to pitch their company to both a panel of experts & a live audience, followed immediately by a 3-minute Q&A session with the panel.
A free networking luncheon will follow the formal pitch.
* 11:30 - 1:00 pm
* December 16
* NedSpace - Old Town
* 117 NW 5th Ave
* Suite 210
* Portland, OR 97209
The winner gets over $10,000 of services from our sponsors:
* StoelRives: legal services = $500 value
* SEO.com: 10 hours or seo work = $1,500 value
* NOWAdvisors: 12 hours of financial & accounting services = $1,800 value
* Jive Communications: 6 months of phone service = $1,800 value
* Newswire: 1 press release written & submitted = $500 value
* FundingUniverse: startup services = $2,500 value
* NedSpace: 6 months of office-space
How it Works:
FundingUniverse will select several companies to present on-stage at the CrowdPitch event. The presenting companies will complete a mandatory coaching session TBA.
Panel of Experts:
A panel of experts has agreed to judge the CrowdPitch presentations
Attendees in the audience will receive $100 of play "Monopoly" money that they will use to "invest" in their favorite company pitch. After all of the presentations, the audience will place their monopoly cash into their favorite CrowdPitch presentation.
Selecting the Winning Presenters:
After all of the presentations, 2 winning presenters will be announced based on the amount of "monopoly cash" that is "invested" (one by the panel of expert investors and the other by the audience).
Official Website: http://www.fundinguniverse.com/services/339/440/portland-crowdpitch.html
Added by PortlandTen on December 10, 2009