Presented by soundtraining.net and taught by veteran I.T. trainer, writer, and speaker Don R. Crawley.
Two intensive days of hands-on Cisco training including Cisco router installation, configuration, and troubleshooting using live in-classroom routers. You'll learn how to build a Cisco? router configuration from scratch. You'll learn different ways of monitoring your router, saving and restoring configurations, and how to design and implement access-control lists. You'll even learn how to encrypt your passwords and Cisco router password recovery procedures.
The overall objective of this workshop is to help you become comfortable with viewing, editing, managing, and troubleshooting Cisco router configurations. By the end of this workshop, you will...
- Practice building a router configuration from scratch to full functionality
- Practice three techniques for saving configurations and for re-applying them (Perfect for disaster prevention and recovery)
- Understand how to upgrade your router's Cisco Internetwork Operating System (CIOS)
- Practice using CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) in troubleshooting
- Use the "show cdp neighbor detail" command to get information about remote routers, even when they're on a different subnet
- Practice converting and diagramming IP addresses and subnets, including decimal to binary conversion
- Practice properly designing and configuring IP addressing schemes
-Practice the step-by-step procedures to configure NAT to make your router an Internet firewall
- Practice configuring and deploying DHCP on a Cisco router for automatic IP address assignment
- Practice using local and remote router configuration procedures
- Learn how to configure static routes and practice building routing tables
- Gain hands-on experience in the basics of routing protocols with hands-on exercises in RIP version 1, RIP version 2, and OSPF
- Work as a group to control traffic with standard and extended IP access lists
- Practice recovering passwords (and learn how to protect against unauthorized password recovery!)
- Practice testing procedures using PING, traceroute, and debug
A complete course outline is available at the event homepage.
Pre-registration is required, also at the event homepage.
Official Website: http://www.soundtraining.net/r