Tell Your Friends! Presents:
"The Big Podcast of 2006"
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
We are taping this week's edition for a new live-comedy podcast. The show itself will be taped by NYC Channel 25 for their culture show, New York 360.
WITH YOUR MC - Baron Vaughn
is the head writer for The Onion.
is a four-time Emmy winning writer for The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart, and co-author of the NY Times bestseller, America: The Book.
has been seen on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend," and VH1's "Best Week Ever," and a writer for "Friday Night w/ Greg Giraldo"
is the paterfamilias of the Trachtenberg Family Slideshow Players, having appeared on Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien and toured extensively through Europe and the United States
is a regular at the UCB Theatre, and has appeared on Sirius Sattelite Radio's Raw Dog Comedy station.
plays in a really good band called Clem Snide. Their last album was End of Love and it appeared on the top ten lists of the critics that matter.
AND OF COURSE, OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball?size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show?and 'workout comedy room'?is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
Produced by Liam McEneaney & Kambri Crews
Added by simpletwist on February 17, 2006