Toronto: Nov. 4-6 & Dec. 2-4
Learn the project management body of knowledge in a 6-day comprehensive program paced to appeal those currently working in a project management (PM) environment. Instructors for this course bring a PM discipline gained from years of managing projects in rigorous project-driven industries.
This “professional” level course appeals to a wide audience from a broad mix of industries. Participants including engineers, software developers, and manufacturers, engaged in technical projects. Others are involved in business and financial projects. This course facilitates discussions among the participants about their project management challenges and successes.
Once completed, you will return to your workplace qualified to improve your organization’s PM process. Many people who have taken our course have gone on to a high-profile position in their organization.
For those preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, this and related courses, have prepared more people for the PMP® exam than any other course in Canada.
By the conclusion of this course, you will learn the 44 processes of the benchmark publication A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) published by the Project Management Institute (PMI). In addition, you are also entitled to a free subscription to our PMP Helpline and PMP Intelligence messages.
“Helped me land a million dollar contract... and helps me manage it too!” Blain Martin, Tricoord Spatial Data Inc.
“I can actually use the information in my job. This course helps IT professionals in PM to round out their educational and professional qualification.” Eden Hansen, The Maritime Life Assurance Company
“Both instructors were excellent... they mixed real life examples into the seminar... made me believe they have ‘walked the walk’.” Bryan McKenzie, ABB
“A good course to gain an understanding of PM processes, and especially useful to help one prepare for the PMP exam.” Henry Senuira, Rogers Communications
“Solid principles that are applicable to projects of all sizes. Very well knitted into our company’s systems of doing business. Great job!” Bob Burns, Bruce Nuclear Generating Station
Participants will gain practical skills to:
* Become conversant with the whole breadth of modern project management.
* Increase your own PM “lessons learned” by learning from the PM experiences of others.
* Add techniques to your PM “toolbox,” increasing your value to your organization and in the job marketplace.
* Return to your workplace equipped to improve your organization’s PM process
* Prepare to take the PMP examination (should you choose).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Complete Project Management Seminar is appropriate for individuals who:
* Are being appointed as a Project Manager or a Project Management Office Director.
* Want to enhance their resume and marketability in the project management job market.
* Work in a project management environment, in any industry or discipline, and wants to increase their PM knowledge.
* Want to prepare for PMP® designation
* 3-day Project Management Essentials (or its equivalent), or
* You already work in a project management environment that manage project scope, cost, time, quality, etc.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions. You will also receive the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide, and Farndale’s PMP® and CAPM® Preparation Guide (with a thorough sample exam).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* PM Body of Knowledge
* Project Life Cycles
* Project Planning
* Exercise: Stakeholder Requirements
* Project Initiation
* Project Charter
* Work Breakdown Structure
* Scope Statements and Scope Changes
* Exercise: Work Breakdown Structure
* Type and Hierarchy of Schedules
* Logic Networks: ADM, PDM, CPM
* Duration Estimating
* Resource Loading/Leveling
* Risk Analysis & Contingency
* Schedule Reporting and Control
* Critical Path Compression
* Exercises: Post-it ® Note Schedule Development, Resource Leveling, Crashing
* Cost Estimating
* Contingency Allowance
* Cost Reporting and Control
* Earned Value
* Cost Control
* Estimates to Complete
* Contingency Management
* Exercises: Estimating, Earned Value
* Customer Requirements
* Cost of Quality
* Tools of Quality Control
* Process Control Charts
* QM Standards
* Exercises: Pareto Diagram, Application to PM
* Organizing for Procurement
* Contract Law
* Procurement Planning
* Contract Types
* Risk Allocation
* Solicitation & Source Selection
* Contract Administration
* Dispute Avoidance & Resolution
* Contract Close-Out
* Exercises: Battle of the Forms, Evaluation Criteria, Procurement Plan
* Risk Identification
* Expected Monetary Value
* Decision Trees
* Monte Carlo Simulation
* Risk Response Planning
* Exercises:Risk Identification, Risk Mapping, Risk Tolerance, Risk Responses
Human Resource Management
* Organizing for Projects: Projectized / Functional / Matrix, Behavioural Matters
* Motivation & Leadership
* Power and Influence
* Team Development
* Conflict Resolution
* Exercises:Working in a Matrix, Applying Behavioural Theories, Situational Leadership, Conflict Resolution
* Process of Communication
* Communications Plan
* Progress Reports
* Virtual Teams
* Exercises: Communication Failures, Communications Planning
* PM as a Profession
* Ethics and Diversity
* Exercises: Ethical Dilemmas
* Trends in Project Management
* Organizational Maturity
* Types of Project Environments
Official Website: http://www.procept.com/pmcourses/completepm.html
Added by procept on August 27, 2009