Pimp My Universe: Souping the Cosmic Ride
The University of Toronto Astronomy and Space Exploration cordially invites you to our next event: Pimp My Universe: Souping Up the Cosmic Ride. The Universe is a strange place - from the largest galaxies to the smallest grains of dust, we see design on many levels, enough to confuse even the best.
We bring you a panel of Astronomers to guide you through the ins-and-outs of grandest structures that exist. But this isn't your daddy's public lecture - the experts give you a brief tour of the universe and then are set free on the more important questions. How does the design of a galaxy affect why we live on the planet Earth? If we changed gravity, what would everything look like? The experts will duel it out on quirky questions for our entertainment. This will be like nothing you have ever been to before.
This event is a part of the Hart House Grand Design Series.
* Prof. Bob Abraham, U of T Dept. of Astronomy and Astrophysics
* Prof. Chris Matzner, U of T Dept. of Astronomy and Astrophysics
* Prof. Norm Murray, Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics
* Dr. John Sievers, Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Time: 6 pm
* Hart House East Common Room, Hart House, University of Toronto
**FREE for everyone, just show up!**
ASX, Hart House, CIUT Radio
Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Official Website: http://www.asx.sa.utoronto.ca/events.php
Added by ljdursi on February 26, 2007